- The case manuscript should be divided into the following sections: Introduction, Case Report, Discussion, and References.
- The text body word limit, excluding references, is 1000 words.
- The manuscript should be typewritten, double-spaced in 12-point font with 1-inch margins all around and saved as one file.
- Use hard returns (the Enter key) only at the end of a paragraph, not at the end of a line. Allow lines of text to break automatically in your word-processing software. Do not justify your text.
- Use only one space, not two, after periods.
- As needed, use italic, superscripts, subscripts, and boldface, but otherwise do not use multiple fonts and font sizes.
- Create tables using the Table function in Microsoft Word.
- You must submit a digital copy of your manuscript. Hard copy submissions are not accepted.
- Keep the format of your manuscript simple and clear. We will set your manuscript according to our style—do not try to “design” the document.
- Keep abbreviations to a minimum and be sure to explain all of them the first time they are used in the text.
- The manuscripts should be written in American English.
- The authors should use Système International (SI) measurements. For clarity, nonmetric equivalents may be included in parentheses following the SI measurements.
- Use generic names for drugs. You may cite proprietary names in parentheses along with the name and location of the manufacturer.
- Credit suppliers and manufacturers of equipment, drugs, and other brand-name material mentioned in the manuscript within parentheses, giving the company name and primary location.
- References must be listed in AMA style, using Index Medicus journal title abbreviations.
- References follow the article text. Insert a page break between the end of text and the start of references.
- References must be cited sequentially (NOT alphabetically) in the text using superscript numbers.
- By way of exception to AMA style, do not italicize book titles or journal title abbreviations and do not put a period at the end of a reference.
- List all author names, up to and including six names. For more than six authors, list the first three followed by et al.
- Up to 6 figures may be included.
- Each figure should be saved as its own separate file. Do not embed figures within the manuscript file.
- Figures must be cited sequentially in the text. Number and caption all figures.
- Image findings referred to in the figure legend should be denoted with indicators such as arrows.
- Figures should be submitted as gif, jpeg or tiff.
Author Conflicts of Interest
- Conflicts of interest disclosure must be submitted.